Teresa's tips to buyers - want to buy an amazing home and have the best experience ever?
Besides all the important things a lawyer tells you to do, these tips are also tenfold!
In my last 100 sales, I found 90 of these buyers to do this:
1. Be positive. Buyers be posive when you're looking for a home. Believe that you're going to find something in 3 months. And before you know it, you'll find something in a week.
2. Pay attention. If you saw a home that is really close to what you wanted and 19 other listings were not even close to what you wanted, you should consider making an offer because you're picky and in six months, you're probably going to regret it when you see prices climb up $50k. AND if you see something you like, go see it right away. Don't wait until the weekend or when you're free - it will most likely be sold!
3. Be realistic. Stay in budget if that means you're not getting your dream home this time. In today's market, the prices of homes are pretty high so don't think about upgrades so much. You can do that later when you can afford to. For example, some homes just need a paint job and the house will look like night and day. Some homes just need a new bathroom colour; or a new kitchen counter. And did you know flooring is very inexpensive today? You can change new flooring for $2/sqft installed - that's only $3000 for a 1500sqf home.
4. Trust. Trust your Realtor. He or she is trying to line up new listings to show you everyday. Then they will help broker the deal for you. This process works. Trust what has worked for centuries! You will find a home a lot sooner then if you were to look for it yourself. Buy $500k now or $550k in six months. You just made one person's average income on a home purchase! AND If you don't trust your agent for one bit, then end the relationship and hire a new one!
5. Communication and team work. The onus is on you to find something you like and the Realtor is there to help carry out the process. It's a two-way street. Don't expect your Reator to read your mind. Communicate everything you feel and everything you want. This way, if there was any misunderstanding, it would be explained. And now you're back to the task at hand.
And yes, I'm a Realtor. And yes, I do from time to time say to my buyers (in my head) "just pick something will ya!".
Have fun with your Reatlor today!